Freitag, März 16, 2007

Observing tourists

Today I went back home from Wedding (Berlin district, not a wedding) by bike. Well, I also went to Wedding by bike, but on the way back I found myself stopping at Großer Stern. Not only this wasn't the shortest way, I also stopped for no special purpose than staring at that tower-like thing for a minute. Then I started to like the situation with all the tourists stopping, taking photos and digging for their maps. I headed for the Brandenburger Tor after not less than 20min, just to do the same there: observing. (Panoramic picture from the top of Großer Stern: here)

Surprisingly it was quite fun! Of course most (or all?) of the people stopping there were tourists. And that's it. It was this atmosphere I liked. Not that I would love tourist crowds when being abroad myself, in fact abroad I just hate them. But that's why it was so much fun here, because at home you don't have this. They are having free time, they dance to the music of that hand organ player and take photos of themselves (with him). I managed to stay there for at least 30min's, not getting bored at all. Felt like being abroad a bit... funny.

Oh, well, yes: I finally switched to english. Let's see for how long.

3 Kommentare:

lejoe hat gesagt…

I like the english version. It's even easier to read for me :-D.
And damn your written english is good!

Hennes hat gesagt…

Kiitos.
Yeah, thought so too, it also changes my view on things while writing. I should stick to it...

matz-o-man hat gesagt…

sounds like a good idea. maybe i will do the same here in Hamburg too.